You are here
Dr. Napoli completed his undergraduate studies in mathematics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology before receiving his medical degree at the State University of New York Health Sciences Center at Brooklyn. He then completed a residency in orthopedic surgery at the Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center in New York, NY, followed by a fellowship in hand and upper extremity surgery at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh, PA. He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the American Society for Surgery of the Hand.
His practice focuses on non-surgical as well as surgical care for problems of the hand, wrist, arm, and elbow, as well as general fracture care.
In his free time Dr. Napoli enjoys running, hiking, bicycling, and travel.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics: Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1987
- Doctor of Medicine: SUNY Health Sciences Center at Brooklyn, Brooklyn, New York, 1991
- General Surgery Residency: St. Luke's\Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, New York, 1991 - 1992, Chairman: M. David Tilson, M.D.
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: New York-Presbyterian Hospital, New York, New York, 1992 - 1996, Chairman: Harold M. Dick, M.D., Completed Basic and Advanced Courses in Microsurgery
- Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery Fellowship: Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 1996 - 1997, Director: Joseph E. Imbriglia, M.D.
Certification & Licensure
- Diplomate: National Board of Medical Examiners, 1992
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 1999
- Certificate of Added Qualification: Surgery of the Hand, 2000
- Licensure: New York, Pennsylvania, North Carolina
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- DC Napoli and JE Imbriglia: Ethics in Orthopedic Surgery, in Baratz ME, et al, (eds.): Orthopedic Surgery, the Essentials, Thieme, New York, 1999.
- Treatment of Scaphoid Fractures at New York Orthopedic Hospital: A Five Year Review. New York Orthopaedic Hospital Grand Rounds, NYOH, 1994.
- Metacarpal and Phalangeal Injuries in the Athlete. Pennsylvania Orthopedic Society Spring Meeting, April 2005.
Honors & Awards
- Magna Cum Laude, SUNY Health Sciences Center at Brooklyn, Brooklyn, NY
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, SUNY Health Sciences Center at Brooklyn, Brooklyn, NY
- Lemon Award for Excellence in Orthopedics, SUNY Health Sciences Center at Brooklyn, Brooklyn, NY
- AO/Synthes Award, New York-Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY, 1993
- Chief Resident, New York-Presbyterian Hospital, 1995 - 1996
- Pardee Hospital
- Park Ridge Hospital