You are here
Fellowship-trained foot and ankle surgeon Dr. Douglas Lucas specializes in surgical and nonsurgical foot and ankle treatments, including limb deformity correction, ankle replacement, and cartilage repair. Dedicated to providing his patients with exceptional orthopedic care, Dr. Lucas understands how significant foot pain or disability can affect one’s life and strives to work with each patient individually to get them back to their active lifestyle.
After receiving his Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from The University of Utah in Salt Lake City, Utah, Dr. Lucas attended The Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine in Blacksburg, Virginia, for his Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree. After medical school, he completed his orthopedic surgery internship and residency at the OhioHealth Doctors Hospital in Columbus, Ohio. He then elected to undergo additional training through an orthopedic foot and ankle surgery fellowship at the Stanford University School of Medicine in Stanford, California.
In his free time, Dr. Lucas enjoys spending time with his family as well as camping, hiking, mountain and road cycling, skiing, and snowboarding.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Fine Arts: The University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine: The Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine, Blacksburg, Virginia
- Orthopedic Surgery Internship: OhioHealth Doctors Hospital, Columbus, Ohio, 2009 – 2010
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: OhioHealth Doctors Hospital, Columbus, Ohio, 2010 – 2014
- Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Surgery Fellowship: Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, 2014 – 2015
- Board Certification: American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society
- American Orthopaedic Society of 3D Printing
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Osteopathic Association
- Western Orthopaedic Association