You are here
Dr. Philip Fontenot is a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon who specializes in adult reconstruction and joint replacement with an emphasis on robotics and navigation.
At Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Dr. Fontenot earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Biological Sciences. Staying in Louisiana, he moved to New Orleans, where he obtained his Doctor of Medicine degree at Louisiana State University Health New Orleans School of Medicine. He then completed an orthopedic surgery residency at the University of South Florida Health Morsani College of Medicine in Tampa, Florida. Pursuing an additional year of extensive training, Dr. Fontenot completed an adult reconstruction fellowship at The CORE Institute in Phoenix, Arizona.
Putting an emphasis and value on long-lasting relationships, Dr. Fontenot believes in knowing his patients on a personal level to provide them with the treatment that best suits them.
When he is not seeing patients, Dr. Fontenot stays active in the outdoors by biking, hiking, and climbing. He also enjoys cooking as well as playing golf and tennis.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences: Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 2011
- Doctor of Medicine: Louisiana State University Health New Orleans School of Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana, 2015
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: University of South Florida Health Morsani College of Medicine, Tampa, Florida 2015-2020
- Adult Reconstruction Fellowship: The CORE Institute, Phoenix, Arizona 2020-2021
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association
- Mission Hospital
- Western Carolina Surgery Center