You are here
Michele attended Winthrop University, where she played collegiate basketball and graduated with a Bachelor of Science in biology. After graduation, she attended Wake Forest University for two years, where she obtained a master’s in health and sport science. This degree was followed by four years of working at the university in a research study, funded by the National Institutes of Health, for individuals with osteoarthritis in their knees. Michele then returned to school to obtain her master’s in physical therapy from Western Carolina University followed by her Doctor of Physical Therapy degree from A.T. Still University of Health Sciences. Michele has spent her whole career focusing on treatment of orthopedic conditions for all body regions. Michele is a certified Astym and dry needling specialist and has attended numerous continuing education classes in her career.
When not practicing physical therapy, Michele spends much of her time training to compete in adventure racing. This is a multidisciplinary sport that involves running, mountain biking, canoeing and kayak paddling, ropes, swimming, and other challenges that are typically done with three to four other team members. Everyone must rely solely on a map and compass navigation to get through the course. Michele has raced in British Columbia, New Zealand, South Africa, and in about half of the United States. Her team Checkpoint Zero won the United States Adventure Racing Association Masters National Championship six times. Michele’s team was also one of 66 teams from all over the world chosen to participate in the World’s Toughest Race: Eco-Challenge Fiji, which is currently on Amazon Prime Video.
- Doctor of Physical Therapy Degree, A.T. Still University of Health Sciences
- Master of Physical Therapy Degree, Western Carolina University
- Master of Science Degree, Wake Forest University
- Bachelor of Science Degree, Winthrop University
Licenses & Certifications
- Certified Astym Specialist
- Certified Dry Needling Specialist
- Credentialed Clinical Instructor
- Licensed to Practice Physical Therapy in North Carolina Since 1998
- American Physical Therapy Association