You are here
As a fellowship-trained foot and ankle orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Alejandro specializes in the care of foot and ankle pathologies. She treats a wide range of ailments, including sports injuries, degenerative arthritis, malalignments of the foot, ankle, and forefoot, and congenital processes. Dr. Alejandro provides care for adult patients but is also versed in treating adolescent patients. She works hard to evaluate each patient as an individual and determine which nonoperative or operative treatment is best suited for them.
Dr. Alejandro grew up playing sports and ultimately focused on track and field and cross country. She had a four-year running career at the Division I level at Lehigh University in Pennsylvania. At Lehigh University, Dr. Alejandro majored in biology and was not only a Patriot League track champion but also a Patriot League Academic All-American. She then went on to medical school at Wake Forest School of Medicine. Following medical school, she completed her orthopedic surgery residency at Geisinger Medical Center in Danville, Pennsylvania. Dr. Alejandro finished her training with a foot and ankle fellowship at Baylor Scott & White Health under the leadership of Dr. James Brodsky in Dallas, Texas.
Dr. Alejandro and her family love to call Asheville their new home! When she is not helping patients, Dr. Alejandro loves running, exploring Asheville, and spending time with her husband, daughter, and two dogs.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Biology: Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, 2009
- Doctor of Medicine: Wake Forest School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, 2014
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, Pennsylvania, 2014 – 2019
- Foot and Ankle Fellowship: Baylor Scott & White Health, Dallas, Texas, 2019 – 2020
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society – Humanitarian Committee