You are here
Orthopedic Excellence. Exceptional Foot & Ankle Care.
At EmergeOrtho: Blue Ridge Division, we are dedicated to helping patients continue living the life they love. Whether it be an early morning run or a late afternoon hike, we want our patients to enjoy an active lifestyle at all ages. With this goal in mind, we designed the Foot & Ankle Center to specifically provide unparalleled excellence in comprehensive foot and ankle care in the Western North Carolina region.
Our Foot & Ankle Center doctors are the most qualified and experienced fellowship-trained doctors in the region. Their collective knowledge, expertise, and experience form a solid foundation for our center and help us deliver the exceptional and individualized foot and ankle care each patient needs and deserves to return to an active lifestyle.
Our Foot & Ankle Experts
Our fellowship-trained foot and ankle orthopedic surgeons, Dr. Shannon Alejandro, Dr. Mark Hedrick, and Dr. Peter Mangone, are committed to offering patients the most experienced comprehensive foot and ankle care available.
Having undergone extensive education and training, our specialists have a deep understanding of the entire musculoskeletal system as well as specialty training in the foot and ankle. They specialize in assessing, diagnosing, and treating injuries and conditions of the foot and ankle, and they are committed to offering the latest and most advanced treatments, procedures, and techniques, including:
- Arthroscopic surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery (including bunion correction)
- Total ankle replacement
- Ligament reconstruction
- Flatfoot & high arch foot corrections
- Achilles rupture/tear repair
- Ankle & foot fracture/dislocation surgery
- Haglund's Achilles surgery
- Bunion & hammertoe correction
- Orthobiologic injection therapy
Exceptional Foot & Ankle Care
From simple to complex concerns, our foot and ankle experts offer nonsurgical and surgical care for a wide array of foot and ankle injuries and conditions. Their areas of expertise include:
- Sports injuries
- Ankle arthritis
- Ligament tears & injuries
- Fractures & dislocations
- Bunions (hallux valgus)
- Achilles tendonitis
- Big toe arthritis (hallux rigidus)
- Tendon tears & injuries
- Impingement of the ankle
- Haglund's deformity of the heel
- Alignment problems (flatfoot & high arch)
- Hammertoe & crossover toe deformities
- Plantar plate tears
- 5th metatarsal fractures (Jones fractures)
- Damaged cartilage (osteochondral defect/OCD)
- Diabetic foot problems (including Charcot foot)
- Plantar fasciitis
To make an appointment with one of our foot and ankle specialists at our Asheville – Livingston or South Asheville office, contact us now by calling (828) 258-8800, option 4, or (828) 698-4318, option 1, or request an appointment online.