David C. Napoli, M.D.
Dr. Napoli completed his undergraduate studies in Mathematics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology before receiving his medical degree at the State University of New York Health Sciences Center at Brooklyn. He then completed a residency in Orthopaedic Surgery at the Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center in New York, NY followed by a fellowship in Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh, PA. He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the American Society for Surgery of the Hand.
His practice focuses on non-surgical as well as surgical care for problems of the hand, wrist, arm and elbow, as well as general fracture care.
In his free time Dr. Napoli enjoys running, hiking, bicycling, and travel.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Carpal Tunnel FAQ
- Blue Ridge Bone and Joint, Hendersonville, NC July 2006 - present.
- SUN Orthopaedic Group, Inc., Lewisburg, PA, July 2002 - March 2006.
- Herbert L. Kunkle, MD, PC, State College, PA, August 1997 - May 2002.
- SUNY Health Sciences Center at Brooklyn, Brooklyn, NY, College of Medicine, M.D., 1991, Magna Cum Laude, Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, Lemon Award for Excellence in Orthopedics
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, S.B., Mathematics, 1987
- Commack High School North, Commack, NY, Salutatorian, Class of 1983, Most Outstanding Science Student Award, Most Outstanding Mathematics Student Award, National Honor Society
POST GRADUATE TRAINING
- Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA, Fellowship in Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery, 1996-1997, Director: Joseph E. Imbriglia, MD
- New York Orthopaedic Hospital, Columbia-Presbyterian Med.Ctr., New York, NY, Residency in Orthopedic Surgery, 1992-1996, Chairman: Harold M. Dick, MD, AO/Synthes Award, 1993, Completed Basic and Advanced Courses in Microsurgery, Selected as Chief Resident, 1995-1996
- St. Luke's\Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, NY, Internship in General Surgery, 1991-1992, Chairman: M. David Tilson, MD
- DC Napoli and JE Imbriglia: Ethics in Orthopedic Surgery, in Baratz ME, et al, (eds.): Orthopedic Surgery, the Essentials, Thieme, New York, 1999.
- Treatment of Scaphoid Fractures at New York Orthopedic Hospital: A Five Year Review. New York Orthopaedic Hospital Grand Rounds, NYOH, 1994.
- Metacarpal and Phalangeal Injuries in the Athlete. Pennsylvania Orthopedic Society Spring Meeting, April 2005.
- Diplomate of the National Board of Medical Examiners, 1992
- Board Certified, Orthopedic Surgery, 1999
- Certificate of Added Qualifications in Surgery of the Hand, 2000
- New York, Pennsylvania, North Carolina